Sunday, 17 November 2013

Finally finished ...

Today we finally finished repainting the pine single bed to go into the room we recently redid on the top floor (that was in June!).

We used some melamine treatment to cover the varnish which allowed us to paint straight onto it without any sanding or stripping.  After painting, I did a coat with some tinted varnish that I found in the workshop downstairs.  I am rather pleased with the result - it matches the existing furniture pretty well!

Friday, 15 November 2013

First snowfall this winter!

First snowfall this winter today!
Fortunately the snowline seems to be just about the house (we are at 650m altitude. Very lucky, since the wood for the winter was also delivered today!